Desirée advises companies, company directors and insolvency practitioners on recovery, turnaround and insolvency matters. Acting across a range of industries such as mining, construction, transportation, manufacturing, agriculture, finance and property.
Desiree advises on and conducts:
- Insolvency litigation including recovery, voidable transaction claims, insolvent trading claims, claims for breach of director’s duties, statutory demands and winding up applications;
- Post appointment advice and representation relating to administrations, liquidations, receiverships and bankruptcies;
- Deeds of company arrangement; and
- Business restructuring; and debt settlement negotiations with secured and unsecured creditors.
Desirée routinely appears in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the Federal Court of Australia in addition to the District Court and Magistrates Court of Western Australia and has prior experience in other State and Federal Courts and Tribunals.
Desirée’s previous legal experience includes over 5 years’ practice in both commercial litigation and commercial law at a Perth CBD law firm dealing with all areas of commercial law including contract law, equity and trusts, securities, property, torts, trade practices, administrative law, corporations law, mining and petroleum and native title.
Desirée has previously held the legal positions of Research Assistant to the Hon. Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Western Australia and Professional Assistant to the Director of Public Prosecutions at the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions of Western Australia.
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court ofAustralia
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (Combined Degree) (University of Western Australia)
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Insolvency, Reconstruction and Turnaround
T + 61 8 9481 8811
F + 61 8 9481 8911
Need more information?Contact us here