Commercial, Corporate & Taxation
Masters of Laws (Taxation) at the University of NSW (2012)
Chartered Tax Advisor
Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of Australia (2004)
Barrister & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia (1997)
Bachelor of Laws (University of Western Australia) (1995)
Mark has a broad range of commercial transactional and advisory experience and takes instructions in the following areas:
- Negotiation, drafting and advising on contracts and commercial agreements including
- Sales of companies and businesses, including MBOs and trade sales;
- Shareholder, unitholder and partnership agreements;
- Joint ventures, farm ins, offtake and similar arrangements;
- Capital raising documentation;
- Leases and licenses of real and intellectual property;
- Corporate and trust structuring and re-structuring, including associated taxation advice.
- Management of complex commercial transactions including acquisitions, sales, mergers, de-mergers and consolidations.
- Corporate advisory, including due diligence, acquisition strategy and corporate governance.
- Transaction related tax advice and structuring.
- Applications for tax rulings and objections.
- Provision of reasonably arguable position opinions and general taxation advice.
Marks clients include:
- numerous accounting and financial services firms and their clients;
- businesses and their owners, ranging from small businesses to publicly listed companies;
- property developers and investors;
- landlords and real estate agents;
- technology start ups.